There’s something fun about making your own seasonal home decor and this rustic sign made from trimmed pallet boards is sure to be your next Fall project fix. Let’s do this!
Make this DIY Rustic Fall Pallet Sign in 5 easy steps using trimmed pallet boards and vinyl designs from Simply Said.
- Trimmed pallet boards
- A piece of wood backing to mount/adhere wood planks to
- Sanding block or sand paper (I used medium and then fine)
- Vinyl phrases and designs (I purchased mine from Simply Said)
- E6000 adhesive (or nails/screws) to adhere planks to wood backing
- Hanging hooks (optional)
- Krylon Satin Spray Finish
- Cut pallet down into wood planks and sand to your liking.
- Apply your vinyl designs to the wood planks. I purchased mine from Simply Said because you can order seasonal designs and custom phrases in over 50 vinyl colors, including exterior-grade vinyl.
- Adhere the wood planks to your piece of wood backing to make it one piece.
- Spray your masterpiece with Krylon Satin Spray Finish to protect and seal the vinyl designs.
- Attach mounting hooks, if you plan to hang. Mine is going to stand on its own in the corner of my front porch with an assortment of pumpkins and gourds.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your hands on an old pallet and some vinyl designs and get started. And more importantly, leave perfection at the door and embrace that rustic look and feel, rough edges and all.
I hope you give this fall project fix a try. If you do, please share a comment below with a link to a photo!
Until next time,