The thought of being the overachiever is usually more fun than being in the throws of the overachiever. Our house has been a-hustling-and-bustling since Thanksgiving. The calendar has been crammed with commitments – work, school, church, social, home, and Grace events. Weeknights and weekends booked solid. How does that happen?!? One word, Overachiever. And, it’s a hard habit to break.
For the overachiever, finding joy in all of the hustle and bustle is more important than ever. Let’s see, it is December 14, 2014, and we still have no Christmas tree. Yet I have found joy in the fact that a few Christmas decorations have finally made their way out of storage bins. I am hopeful that today is tree day, but that remains to be seen. Today is also candy and cookie-making day at my house so the tree thing could be the overachiever in me. I remain cautiously optimistic at this point.
Due to the hustle and bustle in my world, there has not been a lot of ME time for blogging, crafting or chil-laxin’ so I thought a little monthly highlight/wrap-up would be fun. It’s been a good kind of crazy this past month, if there is such a thing.
1. Joni has her first sleepover with Grandma & Grandpa complete with some sledding fun.
2. Elfie makes his surprise arrival on Thanksgiving morning.
3. My first Candy Making Class, sure to inspire some overachieving.
4. Gender reveal for our soon-to-arrive…2nd Granddaughter. The girl streak continues!
5. An awesome art show featuring Grace’s very cool Seahorse painting.
6. The Best Birthday Gift – the perfect cure for this overachiever’s underachieving moments. Girlfriends know each other so well!
There’s much, much more to our past month of craziness, but these were some of the highlights. This is my beautiful mess, beautiful in every way, right down to getting “a”, meaning one, load of laundry done in the midst of a completely booked out week. There’s joy to be found in that as well.
Here’s to the overachiever finding joy in the little things!
Until next time,